Break These Chains Live Free is a Nevada non-profit corporation. It was created by four Soroptimist International clubs in Southern Nevada who joined together with the mission of eradicating human bondage in our community and the world through awareness, advocacy and action.
A victim of human bondage (also known as slavery, sex trafficking, human trafficking) is any woman, child or man being forced into involuntary servitude or bonded labor for the profit of another. Violence or threats are primary methods of controlling victims.
- Educate Southern Nevadans regarding human trafficking of women, children and men occurring in our communities.
- Provide resources to governmental entities and/or non-profit agencies that provide services to victims of human trafficking and/or develop and provide educational or advocacy materials to combat human trafficking, especially to our youth.
- Advocate for strong state legislation to punish the perpetrators rather than the victims of human trafficking.
Break These Chains founded by:
- Soroptimist International of Greater Las Vegas
- Soroptimist International of Las Vegas Valley
- Soroptimist International of Metropolitan Las Vegas
- Soroptimist International Pahrump Valley
These Soroptimist clubs are part of Soroptimist International of the Americas. Soroptimist International seeks to recognize the needs of people throughout the world; to initiate awareness, advocacy and action to improve the quality of life; to advance international understanding, goodwill, and peace; and to serve voluntarily using the diverse skills of its members in individual, group and cooperative endeavors. Soroptimist International of the Americas seeks to be the leading international organization of business and professional women united through volunteer efforts to improve the lives of women and girls in local communities and throughout the world by enabling women and girls to live their dreams, take control of their lives, and live according to their own values.